1/05/2005|||110494696669771347||||||
THEIR MAN IN DC

I don't normally pay too much attention to the BBC's Washington correspondent, Justin Webb - like most of the Corporation's US team, he spends most of his time looking down the wrong end of the telescope. But I thought I detected a change of tone in his Today programme piece on
the latest chapter of the culture wars, pegged to the UK launch of Desperate Housewives. Tony Kushner, inevitably enough made an appearance, but Webb neatly slapped him down as the kind of liberal who likes the idea of being persecuted. Tom Wolfe added some pithy opinions of his own too. I don't suppose it will last, but it was good to get away from the usual party line.
Or was I just in a particularly good mood this morning?
|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/01/their-man-in-dc-i-dont-normally-pay.html|||1/05/2005 11:30:00 pm|||||||||
|||