2/03/2005|||110747427075921391||||||
NORM'S LIST

The results are up in Normblog's poll of all-time great pop songs. I've been allergic to Mick Jagger ever since I saw him prancing around in front of the Hell's Angels in Gimme Shelter, so there was no chance of the Rolling Stones making it onto my Top 10. Just for the record, here's the list I sent (in no particular order):

1. Ray Charles, "I Gotta Woman"
2. Chuck Berry, "Johnny B. Goode"
3. The Temptations "I Can’t Get Next To You"
4. The Beatles "All You Need Is Love"
5. Marvin Gaye "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
6. Santana, "Black Magic Woman"
7. Stevie Wonder, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"
8. Simon & Garfunkel, "Kathy’s Song"
9. Beach Boys, "Little Deuce Coupe"
10. Aretha Franklin, "Respect"

(If I'd known Sinatra was allowed, he'd have been in there too. But where to start?)
|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/02/norms-list-results-are-up-in-normblogs.html|||2/03/2005 11:30:00 pm|||||||||
|||