5/05/2005|||111531432131332252||||||
CULTURE SHOCK

Back home in Portland after his trip to Lebanon, Michael J. Totten is still getting used to not fretting about car bombs and secret policemen:

When I wake up in the morning I still think I'm in Beirut and that these are some of the things I'll have to contend with during my day. Then I open my eyes and am first disoriented then shocked that I'm so far away from where I thought I was. I look at the newspaper and think: Iraq looks like a country that has some serious problems. But America is fat, content, and happy. Life in this country is experienced the way a cat experiences a nap in the sun compared to the way Middle Easterners live. I'll forget this in a week or so, but for now that's how it looks.

|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/05/culture-shock-back-home-in-portland.html|||5/05/2005 06:27:00 pm|||||||||
|||