4/20/2005|||111401594832103173||||||
OUT OF SIGHT...

Still based in Beirut, Michael J. Totten
fears that the pro-democracy movement is slipping off the radar:
The single biggest media disaster in the world right now is the Western
reporting from Lebanon.

Talking of journalistic ethics, I just caught up with Stephen Sackur's essay bidding farewell to life as a BBC foreign correspondent. I never much cared for his reporting from Washington (although he wasn't quite as irritating as some I could mention) but this is a honest and thoughtful piece of self-analysis. Journalists really do have different hard-wiring. I was visiting an editor friend in Broadcasting House a couple of hours after the Oklahoma bombing, and I vividly remember watching a household name cheerily singing a song of the South as he started tapping away on his keyboard. He was having a very good day.
|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/04/out-of-sight.html|||4/20/2005 05:50:00 pm|||||||||
|||