4/13/2005|||111338022987577414||||||
CLARKE ACCUSES

Stuck in my car yesterday afternoon, on the way from one computer repair shop to another, I listened to anti-war Tory candidate and cigarette salesman Kenneth Clarke being interviewed on Five Live. Were my ears deceiving me? I'm sure I heard him say, in that bluff way of his, that neo-con acquaintances in the States had assured him that Donald Rumsfeld knew there were no WMDs in Iraq, even before the war started.

I've never heard him go that far before, but perhaps I lead a very sheltered life. He spent a good part of the interview talking down events in Baghdad: Chalabi's a dud, etc, etc. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a link on the BBC site. I'll have to check later.

|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/04/clarke-accuses-stuck-in-my-car.html|||4/13/2005 09:17:00 am|||||||||
|||