3/15/2005|||111090023521191946||||||
QUOTABLE

One evening I had my radical friend Al to dinner at my house, along with Walter Williams and his wife. Al and Walter had never met each other before, but it turned out that both had grown up in Philadelphia. Walter began asking him if he knew various people, to see if they had any friends in common from the Philadelphia ghetto. As Al kept saying "no" to name after name, Walter grew more puzzled and Al grew more uncomfortable. Finally, Walter asked:

"Well, where did you live?"

When Al told him, Walter said: "I didn't know any black people lived out there!"

"We were the only ones," Al said.

Thomas Sowell, "A Personal Odyssey"
|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/03/quotable-one-evening-i-had-my-radical.html|||3/15/2005 03:22:00 pm|||||||||
|||