2/09/2005|||110795146517095127||||||
MSM V THE REST

Is the blogosphere's media-bashing getting out of hand? Yes, according to an essay by Steve Silver, journalist and blogger:

I was reading one of my favorite blogs recently, one of several I read in which the host is a pragmatic, committed centrist, yet his commenters tend to be not so centrist or pragmatic. In a discussion about an embarrassing screw-up by an AFP wire reporter on an Iraq story, one commenter opined that “My general rule of thumb is believe nothing that the MSM [mainstream media] says.” In replying, I couldn’t help invoking a favorite actor who had passed on a few days before: “So when the MSM reported, say, that Jerry Orbach died, did you not believe it?” Two different commenters reported that- no, actually, they didn’t.

(Via Michael J. Totten)
|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/02/msm-v-rest-is-blogospheres-media.html|||2/09/2005 12:11:00 pm|||||||||
|||