2/04/2005|||110751036944031819||||||
CLOSED MINDS

One of Andrew Sullivan's readers, a former Chomsky-imbibing left-winger, explains how her worldview has changed in the last couple of years. I wonder how many people have been through similar experiences? One of these days - though probably not until 2058 - Hollywood will make a film about people like her.

My close friends cut me some slack at first. Now they think I live in some parallel, crazy universe of fascist neocons. They still invite me to parties, but I keep quiet about my views. There is never any open discussion of ideas. No curiosity about why I have changed...
The most difficult thing for me has been the tension in my marriage. My husband is still stuck in the '60s, and every night he watches the news and is outraged by the power of conservatives to move America in a direction he hates. It is a constant wedge between us.
|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2005/02/closed-minds-one-of-andrew-sullivans.html|||2/04/2005 09:36:00 am|||||||||
|||