10/30/2004|||109913604008429836||||||
THE SECRET OF HIS SUCCESS

I've always wondered how Terry Teachout, Mencken biographer and Renaissance Man among New York critics, manages to maintain such a superhuman work-rate. His weblog, About Last Night, has the answer:

"I don’t know how fast I read, but I can polish off a book of normal length and density in three or four hours, and if absolutely necessary I can read a newly published book and write a thousand-word review of it between Friday night and Monday morning. (On one horrendous occasion I actually read a short book before lunch and filed a review by dinnertime, but that was a special one-time-only favor for an old friend.)"



|||Clive|||http://clivedavis.blogspot.com/2004/10/secret-of-his-success-ive-always.html|||10/30/2004 01:26:00 pm|||||||||
|||